Schools & Teachers
Contact Angela Foster, Children & Young Person’s Librarian for an Expression of Interest forms, forms must be submitted by 20 September. Schools will receive confirmation of participation by early October.
Please note that SCBY is only open to schools in Stockton-on-Tees and for students in Year 5 and 6. For further information contact Angela Foster on email@example.com or 01642 528501.
As part of SCBY, each participating school will receive the following:
• Three visits to school from a dedicated SCBY team member, plus continued support throughout the award
• Books for use in class (please see Book Pack options below)
• SCBY Celebration Day with a session from one of our shortlisted authors
• Prizes for two children per school (Most Effort and Best Book Review)
• Attendance for two children at the Awards Ceremony
• Teachers Resource Pack
• Certificates for participating children
Children & Parents /Carers
If you are a child or parent and would like to get involved; show your teacher this website so they can request their Expression of Interest form to be involved next year - deadline 20 September.
Alternatively, the current shortlist is available to borrow from your nearest branch library or as an eBook on OverDrive. So read along, use the activities available in the Teachers Information section and choose your own SCBY winner.
For further enquiries, please contact Angela Foster, Children and Young Person’s Librarian on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01642 528501.