SCBY Submission Criteria
Submissions for SCBY 2021 are now closed and the shortlist has been announced. Shortlisting for SCBY 2022 will be announced in October 2021.
Submissions from Publishers & Authors for SCBY 2022 are now open. Submission for 2022 will close 30 June 2021. Please ensure to follow the Award Criteria and Publisher/Author Terms and Conditions if you wish to submit a book for consideration.
Award Criteria (SCBY 2022)
• Suitable for children aged 9 to 11 years old (Primary Year 5 and 6)
• Published in paperback between 1 June 2020 to 31 May 2021
• Must be a standalone or the first in a series
• The author must be based in the UK and be able to attend the SCBY Celebration Day and Awards Ceremony (Tuesday 22 March 2022)
Publisher/Author Terms and Conditions
When sending submissions to be considered for SCBY, please be aware you are agreeing to the following terms:
• Shortlisted authors will be expected to attend the SCBY Celebration Day and Awards Ceremony (Tuesday 22 March 2022). SCBY Celebration Day involves 3x 1 hour school sessions. The Award Ceremony and book signing will conclude by 5.30pm
• Stockton Libraries will provide one night accommodation the day prior to the Celebration Day. We ask for publishers to cover travel costs
• Stockton Libraries will pay authors a fee for attending SCBY Celebration Day and Awards Ceremony
• Publishers to provide 30 in gratis copies of the shortlisted books to be sent into schools participating in SCBY
If you would like to submit a book for Stockton Children’s Book of the Year (SCBY), please post a copy of the book to the address below:
Stockton Central Library